Friday, October 3, 2008

Reverse Hibernation Pt. 2: Deep Sleep

I know I had a long post in September talking about all the great things I was going to write about this month that never happened. Well, you can say I lost my inspiration to write.

Or maybe I was enjoying having my own place again and not doing nothing after work that I didn’t feel like writing.

Of course I should probably write more at work in the first place, but I at least want to make them think I do a little bit of work.

Regardless of why I never picked up steam last month, I think I might have gotten my “swagger” back. (Speaking of swagger, can this word be removed from the hip-hop dictionary? I mean, people all over ESPN, Yahoo!, and CNN are now writing the word swagger in nearly every column. It’s becoming more ubiquitous than “bling.” So, if you’re a rapper or a fan of hip-hop, it is no longer cool to use the word or any variation of the word swagger.)

There was a chain email going around the office about the upcoming NBA season. The central argument was that “the Suns were going to win the West,” which one of my co-workers countered with “the Suns aren’t going to be good but the Clippers will be.”

I had to think about it, but I think the second guy was right. The Suns are dead, and the Clippers have a lot of talent on the low. But where is all my insight now, about the NBA and the other sports?

It’s stuck in my head and not on your screens. This is why I started the damn thing in the first place (and the fact that I was graded on it for my on-line journalism class). I’ve let you down, and I’m sorry. But I think I’m back now.

I have to talk about the playoffs, NBA preseason, NFL, college football and the upcoming NCAA b-ball season. Instead of trying to do it all in this posting, I suppose I should just take it one step at a time. Stay tuned … or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww ur so cute jimmy : )

Anonymous said...

haha aww ur so cute jimmy : )
idk why but i decided to read ur blog its pretty good tho..lol