Thursday, October 9, 2008

Random College Football Thoughts

I’m glad I didn’t do a college football preview this year. Coming in to the season, I figured Georgia was a lock for the BCS title game, and probably would’ve penciled in USC to face the Bulldogs.

Other things I would have predicted were: Alabama being overrated, Clemson making an undefeated run and LSU struggling without a quarterback.

Some things I would’ve nailed, but the past is in the past. Right now, I still think Alabama is playing a little bit better than they are, but they’re definitely a BCS team and will probably be #1 heading into next year. But who plays in this year's championship?

Probably two one-loss teams, which actually bodes well for Georgia and USC. I think that Oklahoma will find a way to lose a game this year, maybe even this weekend against Texas. The same goes for Missouri and Texas too, and any other undefeated Big 12 team.

Penn St. actually has an outside chance of going undefeated, but I think they will get embarrassed by a non-Big Ten team.

For the first time in a long time, I really can’t call it. USC will likely finish with a better strength of schedule than a Big 12 or SEC team. So if they finish with one less and everyone else does too, then they’ll be in. As for their opponent, it will probably be the Big 12 winner; I think it’s very possible that the SEC champion will have two losses.

No comments: