Friday, July 4, 2008

Quick Hits on the 4th

I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T do you know what that means?

Sorry to reference one of the worst songs in history, but I just wanted to say Happy Independence Day!

Olympics

Kudos to LaShawn Merritt for knocking off Jeremy Wariner in the Olympic trials in the 400m.

Its good to see someone from my hometown of Portsmouth, VA doing something with himself. A lot of athletes from the 757 have seem to gone by the wayside lately, while Shawn is a rising star. I look forward to him bringing the gold back to Portsmouth this summer.

NBA

I like the Baron Davis signing with the Clippers. However, it seems like no other major free agents will be changing addresses this year. That said, Baron and Elton Brand should be a one of the top combo's in the West, as long as they have the right supporting cast. It was a risk for LA, considering Baron's age and back/knee, but as they say 'scared money don't make money.'

MLB

The Rays are forreal. The more I watch them, the more I believe they are going to take the AL East.

No comments: